After coming home from a hard workout, it can be too convenient to just sit back and relax. However, any fitness trainer will tell you that recovery is just as vital as the workout itself. Recovery after physical activity is an overlooked part of a healthy lifestyle, but it should be treated just as important as stretching and proper warmup/wind down. Muscle roller sticks help compress and stretch muscles, which leave you with less soreness on the next day. This dramatically decreases the recovery time and can even help energize you and add strength.
Depending on what you’re looking for, there are a few factors to consider when looking for the right roller. The first and most important is the size. They often come in small, medium and large sizes, that range between 15 and 25 inches in length. Durability is important as well, because you will want to be quite vigorous it its usage. Some other useful features to consider include flexibility, easy grip, and tactile feel of the roller.
Table of Contents
- 10. Top Rated Muscle Rollers – Fast Muscle Relief from Sore and Tight Calves
- 9. A Great Sports Massage Tool for Releasing Myofascial Trigger Points, Reducing Muscle Soreness
- 8. The Muscle Stick – Massage Roller – Better Than Foam Roller On Dirty Gym Floor
- 7. Gaiam Restore Total Body Massage Roller
- 6. The Stick Marathon Stick – Therapeutic Body Massage Stick – Potentially Improves Flexibility
- 5. Yes4All Soreness Elim Massage Stick Muscle Roller Massage Tool Sports Therapy
- 4. Muscle Stick Massage Tool – Massage Roller Helps Relieve Your Sore
- 3. Premium Muscle Roller Stick – Massage Stick – Immediate Relief of Muscle Pain & Leg Pain
- 2. Premium Muscle Stick Roller – The most durable firm massage roller stick
- 1. Best Massage Muscle Roller Stick Because it Works… Instant Relief of Leg Tightness
10. Top Rated Muscle Rollers – Fast Muscle Relief from Sore and Tight Calves
With its metal rod in the center, this roller is stiff enough to give way for high tension massages. Whether you are suffering from tight muscles or soreness in your legs, this roller can help relieve some of the pain and make the recovery process quicker. You can use it before workouts to help warm up and energize your muscles, or after workouts to help wind down and reduce the risk of injury. It comes in a compact package, weighing only 8 ounces and is 18 inches in length.
9. A Great Sports Massage Tool for Releasing Myofascial Trigger Points, Reducing Muscle Soreness
This muscle roller stick has a simple design, yet is very effective in doing everything you will want it to do. It helps release myofascial trigger points, which decreases the recovery time and will leave you less sore the morning after. It even helps increase circulation around your body. It features 9 individual rollers along the middle to help adhere to your muscles for an improved grip. It is classified as a stiff stick, which gives it the durability to give high tension support.
8. The Muscle Stick – Massage Roller – Better Than Foam Roller On Dirty Gym Floor
This muscle roller stick from Fitness Answered Training gives you top of the line performance at an affordable price point. It is a perfect tool for helping with a variety of tasks, which include sore backs, plantar fascitis, shin splints, and other muscle/joint pains. After liberal use, it even improves blood flow through muscles compression and extension. This tool’s recommended for teens that are active in sports, as it will aid in the recovery process and injury prevention.
7. Gaiam Restore Total Body Massage Roller
This handheld 18″ roller features 4 independent spinning rollers and is guaranteed to effectively perform deep tissue massages. It can relieve stress and tightness around any sore areas, and increase blood flow circulation. The dual easy-grip handles ensure that you have no issues with properly wielding this tool in any circumstance. It works especially well for thighs, calves, and lower back pain.
6. The Stick Marathon Stick – Therapeutic Body Massage Stick – Potentially Improves Flexibility
If you’re a long distance or marathon runner looking for a light massage options, check out this awesome product by The Stick. It is 20″ in length and comes with 10 working rollers, yet it is still compact enough to travel with. These rollers are excellent for relieving soreness, un-knot tight muscles, and reducing lactic acid build up. It is very flexible and works great for those with lean muscle mass. This is the perfect muscle roller for before and after long distance runs.
5. Yes4All Soreness Elim Massage Stick Muscle Roller Massage Tool Sports Therapy
With its non-slip handle and 7 working independent rollers, this massage stick by Yes4All works effectively for its low price. It will de-tress your body so it can recover and work more efficiently afterwards. The rollers can help prevent future injuries by getting rid of any knots and tightness in your muscles after a tough workout.
4. Muscle Stick Massage Tool – Massage Roller Helps Relieve Your Sore
For relieving any type of soreness in your leg, calf, or thigh, this roller by Naturo Fitness is an excellent pickup. It is 18 inches in length which gives it enough size to work on any sore part of your body with comfort. Its stiffness can help reduce lactic acid, allowing you to improve your strength and flexibility. This tool has a great advantage over the traditional foam rollers, in that it is easy to carry around and can be used from a wide array of positions. You can place it in your gym bag easily.
3. Premium Muscle Roller Stick – Massage Stick – Immediate Relief of Muscle Pain & Leg Pain
Although it looks simple, this muscle roller stick by SeekGains helps release muscle knots, remove tension, muscle cramps all in one highly effective product. This is a perfect companion utility for any athlete, runner both casual and hardcore. Even if you use this before and after marathons, it can have an immediate cramp erase effect. Muscle tension can simply melt away with its 7 individual rollers and sturdy base. It can give you an excellent deep tissue massage as well.
2. Premium Muscle Stick Roller – The most durable firm massage roller stick
Get your tight muscles unknotted after a hard workout or run with this roller by ZegFit. It is very versatile, and targets any area on your body with precise efficiency. It is 18″ long, hitting a convenient medium between convenient size and enough length to tackle any problem areas. It features an internal metal rod, making it one of the most durable roller sticks on the market. The rubbery handles makes it comfortable to grip and the 7 individual rollers help mold to your muscles.
1. Best Massage Muscle Roller Stick Because it Works… Instant Relief of Leg Tightness
This muscle roller by Amazing Core Fitness is great for a variety of muscle ailments, which include sore backs, shin splints, and other general soreness. It is 18 inches in total length, with 9 inches of rolling area. It gives you great tension and has many advantages over foam rollers. First, it is much smaller and takes less space to use. It also makes less noise and is more durable over the long-term. The relatively small size makes this an excellent tool for kids or teens that are physically active, especially for injury prevention and proper recovery.