When you are in search of good quality wireless routers, it is important to consider the right features that will make it easier for you to stay connected. A reliable wireless router offers superb speed, manageability, and a reasonable price that add value to your money.
Skimping on an inadequate router can be a disaster. Even with an excellent internet plan with fast download/upload speeds, a bad router can become a bottleneck. All of your connected devices – desktops, laptops, phones, tablets, and game consoles – will have their speeds suffer. Some of the factors you should consider when making a purchase are: maximum speeds, stability, wireless range, ease of setup, security and customizability.
Table of Contents
- 18. TP-Link N300 Wireless Wireless Routers, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N)
- 17. ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
- 16. TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N)
- 15. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
- 14. TP-Link N600 Wireless Wi-Fi Dual Band Router (TL-WDR3500)
- 13. TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
- 12. ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router
- 11. ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
- 10. ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual Band Gigabit Router
- 9. Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router
- 8. Linksys AC1600 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- 7. Linksys EA6700 Smart AC1750 Dual Band N450 + AC1300 Wireless Routers
- 6. Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A)
- 5. Netgear WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4500-100NAS)
- 4. Buffalo AirStation Extreme AC1750 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Routers
- 3. TRENDnet Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Router with USB Share Port
- 2. ZyXEL Wireless N 3-in-1 Travel Router [Wi-Fi Router + Access Point
- 1. WD My Net N900 HD Dual Band Router Wireless N WiFi Router Accelerate HD
18. TP-Link N300 Wireless Wireless Routers, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N)
The TL-WR841N features up to 300 Mbps speeds, making it ideal for multi-tasking video streams, online gaming and web browsing with multiple connected devices. It includes an Easy Setup Assistant which makes installation simple for even the least tech-savvy consumer. Also, there are full parental controls to manage devices, and IP based bandwidth control to allocate to PCs and mobile devices. This is one of the best wireless routers for under $40 for users on a tight budget.
17. ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
The ASUS RT-N66U is a great midrange option for businesses, tech enthusiasts, or those simply looking to max out their wireless internet experience. It supports 3 wireless network standards, 802.11b, 802.11a/g, and 802.11n, which support up to 11Mbps, 54Mbps, and 450Mbps respectively. In addition to that, it has ethernet connection with a max bit rate of 1000Mbps. VPN server support makes it a great option for businesses.
16. TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N)
This is another budget wireless router option from TP-LINK, costing less than $40. It also has a maximum of 300Mbps. The 3 detachable 3dBi omni directional antennae give it extra stability and range for wireless connectivity. The router has 4 10/100 LAN ports, and a single 10/100 WAN port. It supports many features such as dynamic IP, automatic dialing, on-demand dialing, and point-to-point protocal over ethernet (PPPoE).
15. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
The NETGEAR Nighthawk features blazingly fast speeds that supports up to a combined 1900Mbps. It contains a 1GHz dual core processor to reach these speeds. And even though it is packed with this much power, it still has a simple, automatic installation, and NETGEAR genie app for remote access. This an excellent option for those looking for a top-shelf router that gives them a ton of options and great performance.
14. TP-Link N600 Wireless Wi-Fi Dual Band Router (TL-WDR3500)
TP-LINK also has options for users looking for a midrange router with a little bit extra speed compared to their WR series. In fact, the TL-WDR3500 has 600Mbps total available bandwidth, with a half-and-half split between 2.4GHz and 5GHz bandwidth. The IP-based bandwidth control allows you to manage how much bandwidth individual devices can have. It also has a USB port to easily share printers or other connected devices on the same network.
13. TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
The Archer C7 seemingly hits the perfect meeting point between performance and price. For the price of a midrange router, you get high-end performance. It has 1.75Gbps total available bandwidth, which is comprised of 450Mbps at 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps at 5GHz. It supports the latest wireless standard in 802.11ac and has 2 USB ports for networked device sharing. The secure guest network capabilities makes it suitable for school or business uses as well.
12. ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router
If you are tech/computer enthusiast, then you will know that ASUS is a brand you can trust, especially with driver and software support. The RT-AC66U is a high-end router with a combined bandwidth speed of 1.3Gbps. It features support for 802.11ac wireless, IPv6, VPN Servers, 4 LAN ports, and 1 WAN port. The ASUS AiRadar technology amplifies transmissions for better signals and expansive coverage.
11. ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router
Moving up the chain of ASUS AC series routers is the RT-AC68U. It has up to 1900Mbps between 1300Mbps over 5GHz, and 600MBps over 2.4GHz. Its AiRadar ensures maximum wi-fi coverage, and its dual core processor improves performance for connected devices. It also has an easy 3 step setup that is united between tablets, smartphones and PCs.
10. ASUS RT-AC87U Wireless-AC2400 Dual Band Gigabit Router
At the top of the chain for high-end ASUS routers is the RT-AC87U. It has an extremely fast max bandwidth of 2.4Gbps. Along with its super high performance, it comes with 4 MU-MIMO antennae with AIRadar beamforming technology. This ensures consistent, fast speeds with coverage up to 465m (5000ft). It also has AiCloud 2.0, which lets you access, sync, and stream files to any connected device. If you’re looking to stream 4K videos, download/upload very large files, or play online games with low-latency, this is a solid option.
9. Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router
Rounding out the list is a simple, budget option from Linksys. The WRT54GL won’t break your wallet, but it provides a consistent, stable speed of up to 54Mbps. It is easy to setup, secure and has 4 built-in LAN ports. It can also act as a Wireless-G access point. If you’re not getting super fast premium speeds, then this is a good choice simply because it isn’t overkill.
8. Linksys AC1600 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
Here is a fine wireless router by LinkSys that is worth your investment. Although it may fall short in terms of performance, as compared with other brands of routers out there, it offers clear interface, advanced set of features, and quick setup. What’s more, you will not encounter any problems in setting up and using this device because it is equipped with every component that takes out the stress in getting started. With cloud-based management and accessibility, printer sharing and NAS functionality, this product is just what you need for office or home use.
7. Linksys EA6700 Smart AC1750 Dual Band N450 + AC1300 Wireless Routers
Forget about the hassles in setting up your router, and opt for one that you can manage remotely or locally. This product is just what you need when you prefer apps included in the router’s set of features. It also comes with two built-in USB ports for printers and storage for your convenience. In addition, the router uses cloud as its management console, which is an edge above other routers in terms of management, storage and performance.
6. Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station (ME918LL/A)
Experience the convenience and efficiency of using this wireless router that lets you stay connected. Indeed, you will notice that this device raises the bar in terms of networking. When it comes to speed, this product makes it possible, and it has everything you need in one package.
5. Netgear WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4500-100NAS)
Whether it is at 2.4 or 5 GHz band, this router works quite brilliantly. Moreover, setting up is a breeze, so that cuts down the amount of time spent on getting started. With Netgear’s robust and powerful dual-band wireless router, you will never have to look for other brands of routers because this product has everything you will ever need.
4. Buffalo AirStation Extreme AC1750 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Routers
Check out this powerful wireless router by Buffalo with intuitive features and amazing functionality. This device provides solid performance and brilliant management software for every user. Although there are minor flaws such as less-than-perfect mobile management and remote access, this still is a decent product that will meet your standards.
This WiFi router by Trendnet offers amazing wireless range and throughput consistently. With quick setup, astounding output, and loads of features, this is indeed a fine choice for those who are in the market for a router that ensures excellent results. With its hassle-free setup and remarkable performance, there is nothing else that you will look for since this product has it all.
2. ZyXEL Wireless N 3-in-1 Travel Router [Wi-Fi Router + Access Point
Excellent throughput, consistently amazing performance and quick setup are only some of the key features of this product. ZyXel gives you a chance to enjoy the convenience of having a pocket-size Wifi router that is great when you are always on the go.
1. WD My Net N900 HD Dual Band Router Wireless N WiFi Router Accelerate HD
At 2.4 or 5 GHz, this router has immense throughput that never fails. Additionally, it offers top-notch range, no-fuss setup and reliable management software. With its 2 USB ports for NAS and printer and 7 gigabit ethernet ports, this product makes it easy for anyone to install and use this top-of-the-line router.