A well trimmed hedge adds a great deal of aesthetic value to any home. However, maintaining it is not that easy unless you have the right hedge trimmer. Electric hedge trimmers provide the perfect solution to this. Unlike gas trimmers, they are compact and lightweight. Therefore you won’t have to lug heavy tools around. And with the ever-increasing fuel prices, electric trimmers have proven to be the most cost-effective tools for keeping your hedge neat all year round. Even though they are valuable hedge trimming equipment, getting the best one usually proves to be a tedious and challenging task. The list below provides the best options available on the market so that you can make a wise decision on which hedge trimmer is best for you.
Table of Contents
- 10. BLACK+DECKER HH2455 3.3-Amp HedgeHog Hedge Trimmer with Rotating Handle
- 9. BLACK+DECKER LHT2220 20V Lithium Ion Hedge Trimmer
- 8. Earthwise 18-Inch 2.8-Amp Corded Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Hand-held Hedge Trimmer
- 7. Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
- 6. Black & Decker TR117 3.2-Amp Hedge Trimmer, 17″
- 5. Black & Decker LPHT120 18-Inch 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
- 4. Remington RM5124TH Dual Action 5 Amp 24-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer
- 3. Poulan Pro PP2822 22-Inch 28cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer
- 2. GreenWorks 22102 2.7 Amp 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmers
- 1. BLACK+DECKER LPHT120B Bare Max Lithium Ion Pole Hedge Trimmers
10. BLACK+DECKER HH2455 3.3-Amp HedgeHog Hedge Trimmer with Rotating Handle
This is a lightweight and well balanced hedge trimmer. It incorporates a powerful motor that drives a sharp 24-inch blade. The blade easily cuts through 0.75-thick branches. The trimmer features a swivel handle design. This allows for easy transitioning from trimming the top of the hedge to the side of the hedge. The trimmer runs quietly and generates 40-percent less vibration for more comfortable operation.
9. BLACK+DECKER LHT2220 20V Lithium Ion Hedge Trimmer
This trimmer is powered by a 20-volt lithium ion battery. On just a single charge, the battery can help you trim 3000 square feet. The unit features a 22-inch stainless steel blade. This blade has the capacity to cut branches measuring up to 0.75-inch thick. This unit generates 40-percent less vibration. The trimmer comes in a lightweight construction of only 5.7 pounds to minimize on user fatigue.
8. Earthwise 18-Inch 2.8-Amp Corded Electric 2-in-1 Pole/Hand-held Hedge Trimmer
Incorporating a 2-in-1 design, this hedge trimmer also features the function of a pole hedge trimmer. The trimmer is powered by a 2.8 amp motor. The motor spins an 18-inch blade that delivers a maximum cutting width of 0.75 inches. The cutting head incorporates a 150-degree swivel design that offers you with 5 different cutting positions. The trimmer comes with a soft grip handle for added comfort.
7. Toro 51480 Corded 14-Inch Electric Trimmer/Edger
This unit incorporates both edging and trimming functions. The unit is powered by a high performance 5 amp motor. The motor spins the 14-inch cutting blade at remarkable speeds to deliver maximum cutting power. The telescopic shaft allows you to extend the handle length so as to access those hard-to-reach areas. The trimmer incorporates an automatic feed spool that facilitates continuous operations.
6. Black & Decker TR117 3.2-Amp Hedge Trimmer, 17″
Featuring a weight of only 4.3 pounds, this trimmer works well in lessening the occasional hand fatigue. Despite its compact size, the trimmer features a powerful 3.2 amp motor that serves to spin the 17-inch double cutting blade. The blade is fabricated from steel to guarantee maximum durability. It is sharp enough to deliver a maximum cutting width of 5/8 inches.
5. Black & Decker LPHT120 18-Inch 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer
This is an energy efficient hedge trimmer that is supplied with power from a 20-volt lithium ion battery. This battery offers a 5 times more extended run-time compared to the conventional NiCAD batteries. The trimmer comes with a powerful motor that spins the 18-inch steel blade. This blade features a maximum cutting width of 7/16 inches. The trimmer incorporates a long handle that allows you to trip hedges measuring 10 feet high.
4. Remington RM5124TH Dual Action 5 Amp 24-Inch Electric Hedge Trimmer
Powerful and highly durable, this trimmer delivers sufficient power to easily cut through 3/4-inch thick branches. The trimmer features a sharp 24-inch cutting blade that is driven by a 5 amp motor. This blade is coated with Titanium to guarantee ultimate durability and strength. The handle features a 180-degree swivel design to provide various cutting positions for enhanced precision. The handle is well padded with foam to cushion your hands and lessen user fatigue.
3. Poulan Pro PP2822 22-Inch 28cc 2 Cycle Gas Powered Dual Sided Hedge Trimmer
This is a gas powered trimmer. The unit is run by a 28cc 2-cycle engine. The solid engine shaft drives the 22-inch steel cutting blade. The blade is serrated to provide maximum cutting power and eliminate the need for resharpening. The handle incorporates a swivel design to help you adjust the cutting position for enhanced comfort.
2. GreenWorks 22102 2.7 Amp 18-Inch Corded Hedge Trimmers
This hedge trimmer comes in a lightweight and compact design to minimize user fatigue. It is fitted with a 2.7 amp motor that drives an 18-inch blade. This dual action blade has the capacity to deliver a maximum cutting width of 3/4 inches. The power supply cord can be locked to prevent it from getting tangled up.
1. BLACK+DECKER LPHT120B Bare Max Lithium Ion Pole Hedge Trimmers
This is a powerful trimmer that runs on a 20-volt lithium ion battery. The trimmer is lightweight yet powerful enough to cut through thick branches with ease. Powered by a high performance motor, the 18-inch steel blade can easily cut branches measuring up to 7/16 inches thick. The trimmer comes with a long 6.5-foot handle that enables you trim to a maximum height of 10 feet. This trimmer features 40-percent less vibration to provide more comfortable operation.