If you’ve had your grills for a while, you’ve probably realized that the fat and grease from the food you cook can make a mess on the different parts of your grill. Over time the grates you use to cook the food can become coated with debris from cooking, even if you clean and oil the grates on a regular basis. In such cases, you can get much more flavor and satisfaction out of your grilling experience by using a new cooking grate or grid. Additionally, grates usually get rusty and deteriorate after some time. The rust makes food stick more to the grid or grate, adds bad metal and dirt flavor to the food you cook on them, and in extreme cases, the rust can be a health hazard if you consume it in large amounts. You can easily avoid these problems by simply buying a new grate that will fit your grill and cooking habits perfectly. Porcelain, cast iron and stainless steel are all used to make these replacement grills and grids. The grates can also leave wonderful grill marks on your meats when you allow them to get hot enough to sear the meat. Here is a review of the top 10 best replacement grill grates and grids.
Table of Contents
- 10. Matte Cast Iron Cooking Grid Replacement for Select Gas Grill
- 9. Weber 6558 Griddle for Q1000 Series Grill
- 8. Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Cast Iron Tuscan BBQ Grill
- 7. Universal Gas Grill Grate Porcelain Coated Cast Iron Cooking Grid
- 6. bbq factory Replacement Rebuild Kit fits Chargriller
- 5. BBQ Barbecue Replacement Stainless Steel Cooking Grill Grid Grate
- 4. Cast Iron Cooking Grid for Brinkmann, Charbroil and Charmglow Grills
- 3. Cooking Replacement Grill Gates for Charbroil and Kenmore Gas Grill
- 2. Porcelain Coated Steel wire Cooking Grid Replacement for Charbroil
- 1. Stainless Steel Wire Cooking Grid Replacement for Select Gas Grill
10. Matte Cast Iron Cooking Grid Replacement for Select Gas Grill
Featuring a set of two, these cooking grids are fit for Charbroil, Coleman, and Kenmore gas grills among others. They are made of matte cast iron and the slats are good and thick enough to hold up well. Before you use these grids, make sure you season them well so as to make them non-stick and keep off rust.
9. Weber 6558 Griddle for Q1000 Series Grill
Perfect for cooking breakfast at the campground or small food items like shrimp, this griddle makes a great addition to Weber Q1000 series gas grills. The heavy-duty porcelain-coated cast iron retains heat for greatly made pancakes or shrimp. It’s easy to use, produce even heat, and comes with a perfect fit.
8. Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Cast Iron Tuscan BBQ Grill
Enjoy cooking in the open while tailgating or camping with this dual-purpose, Tuscan-style grill. This charcoal grill features a heavy and heat-conducting cast iron construction that guarantees durability and perfect grill marks on the food you cook. It provides 190 square inches of grilling surface and features a conventional chrome-plated or enamel-coated grate. The grill requires assembly and can be easily hand-washed and dried to help keep it clean and looking new for a long time.
7. Universal Gas Grill Grate Porcelain Coated Cast Iron Cooking Grid
Featuring a perfect fit, these grill grates feature a heavy cast iron construction thing nicely coated porcelain coating. With a little oil or spray and attention, the foods cooked on these grates don’t stick and have wonderful grill marks. The grates are as good as the original.
6. bbq factory Replacement Rebuild Kit fits Chargriller
This rebuild kit is made to fit a variety of makes and models of gas grills. It fits outdoor gas grills from different brands including BBQ Grillware. It includes three grill burners, three heat tent, and a set of three grill grids.
5. BBQ Barbecue Replacement Stainless Steel Cooking Grill Grid Grate
Made of great solid bar stainless steel, these grids provide you with a great grilling surface at an affordable price. Since it’s made of stainless steel, it’s rust-resistant and doesn’t require any oiling or spraying, hence easy to maintain. The grids are also durable and easy to clean.
4. Cast Iron Cooking Grid for Brinkmann, Charbroil and Charmglow Grills
If you’re looking for cooking grate replacement for CharBroil, Charmglow or Brinkmann grills, then this is the product for you. It features heavy-duty cast iron construction and will last longer than your grill. The grid sears food perfectly without making them stick. If you season this cooking grid properly, you might even pass it down to your grandchildren.
3. Cooking Replacement Grill Gates for Charbroil and Kenmore Gas Grill
It comes it a set of three and seems to be identical to the original. The grates are even and feature a stainless steel construction for perfect sear marks every time. They are also very easy clean and will last for a very long time.
2. Porcelain Coated Steel wire Cooking Grid Replacement for Charbroil
Featuring a highly durable porcelain-coated steel construction, this cooking grill comes in a set of two and produces juicier and tenderer meats than the original. It comes with a perfect fit and will serve you for years to come.
1. Stainless Steel Wire Cooking Grid Replacement for Select Gas Grill
From Music City Metals, this stainless steel wire cooking grid is perfect for a number of gas grill models. It fits perfectly and looks better than the original. Featuring a set of two, these heavy-duty grids are easy to clean and work with.