Prevent water damage by getting yourself the ultimate water detection systems. Hundreds of models have been introduced to help prevent any leaks or flooding. But for the purpose of cost-effectiveness and performance, we have decided to provide you with the best in water leak detectors and alarms. The list below outlines 10 models that currently stand out as the top performers according to consumer reviews and ratings. Whichever one you select, be assured of getting excellent service for years to come.
Table of Contents
- 10. Glentronics, Inc. BWD-HWA Basement Watchdog Water Sensor and Alarm
- 9. Honeywell RWD41 Water Defense Water Sensing Alarm
- 8. First Alert WA100-3 Water Alarm for Leak Detection and Flood Alerts
- 7. Everspring Z-Wave Water/Flood Sensor – Water Leak Detectors
- 6. Basement Water Alarm. Prevalert Water Leak Detector FULL Lifetime 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- 5. Water Alarm – Leak Bug Electronic Leak Detector – Detects as little as 1/32″ of water
- 4. Honeywell RWD14 Water Alarm Water Leak Detectors
- 3. Wireless Water & Temperature Sensor Black w/ LED; Cert ID: ZC08-11030007
- 2. Fortress Security Store (TM) Wireless Water Leak and Flood Sensor for GSM / S02 Alarm DIY Security Systems for Home and Business Protection
- 1. Smarthome SELECT Water Leak Detection Alarm – 71631
10. Glentronics, Inc. BWD-HWA Basement Watchdog Water Sensor and Alarm
This is an energy efficient water alarm designed by Glentronics. It features a sleek design that enables it to fit beneath water heaters, dishwashers, air conditioners and sinks. The alarm is powered by a 9-volt battery. Its advanced battery-saving mechanism enables the battery to last for up to 5 years. At 110 decibels, the alarm is audible enough to be heard at any point within the house. The sensor features a 6-foot wire for added convenience.
9. Honeywell RWD41 Water Defense Water Sensing Alarm
Honeywell RWD41 offers you with an ultimate water defense mechanism. It is a compact sized unit that measures 9.5 x 7.375 x 1.5 inches. Despite its small size, it offers 16 times more coverage compared to conventional spot detectors. The good thing about this unit is its ability to detect water throughout the whole length of its 4-foot cable. The alarm comes with a 6-foot cable that allows for easy mounting on a wall. It generates 80 decibels.
8. First Alert WA100-3 Water Alarm for Leak Detection and Flood Alerts
This water alarm comes in a pack of 3. The alarms are durable enough to withstand impact up to a 3-foot drop on hard surfaces. They run on 9-volt batteries and are designed to operate within a temperature range of 32 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. The sensor is highly resistant to water entry and splashes. The alarms generate a sound level of 85 decibels that can last for a maximum of 72 hours. The alarms are backed with a 2-year warranty to cater for any defects.
7. Everspring Z-Wave Water/Flood Sensor – Water Leak Detectors
Get ultimate flood monitoring with Z-Wave sensor from Everspring. It is designed to be compatible with any Z-Wave network having a frequency of 908.42 MHz. Unlike most conventional sensors, it can be used both indoors and outdoors. The sensor runs on powerful 3 AAA batteries. It features LED indicator lights for easy monitoring. It has all the necessary hardware that allows you to easily mount it close to any unit connected to your plumbing system.
6. Basement Water Alarm. Prevalert Water Leak Detector FULL Lifetime 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Keep water leaks in check with Prevalert’s water leak detector. This alarm is designed to be used in basement, kitchen and bathrooms. It is sensitive enough to detect water that is below 1/32 inches deep. The alarm operates on a 9-volt battery that has a useful life of up to 3 years. The alarm delivers a continuous sound of 100 decibels at 10 feet. It sounds continuously for up to 100 hours to ensure that you get the warning.
5. Water Alarm – Leak Bug Electronic Leak Detector – Detects as little as 1/32″ of water
Prevent any damages resulting from water leaks with this innovative electronic detector from SCS Direct. It is highly sensitive even in places where the water level is below 1/32 inches. One thing that sets this detector from the rest is its ability to beep for weeks in case of any leakages. The detector can be used to detect leaks in the basement, sinks and on household appliances, such as dishwashers. And whenever the battery runs low, it beeps to alert you so that you are not caught unawares.
4. Honeywell RWD14 Water Alarm Water Leak Detectors
This water alarm comes in a pack of 4 to protect against multiple water leaks. The advanced detector system can sense water that is 1/16 inches deep. Like most water alarms, it is powered by a built in battery that has the ability to last a maximum of 2 years. Once any leak is detected, the alarm goes on and sounds continuously for a period of 24 hours. This alarm is ideal for use on household appliances like water heaters, dishwashers and washing machines.
3. Wireless Water & Temperature Sensor Black w/ LED; Cert ID: ZC08-11030007
This is one of the few sensors that incorporate an advanced wireless detection system. This device is designed to keep both water and temperature in check. It carefully monitors the temperature to ensure that it is within the range of 14 degrees Fahrenheit to 158 degrees Fahrenheit. The sensor also features an alarm that sounds in case of any flooding or when the temperature level is outside the required range.
2. Fortress Security Store (TM) Wireless Water Leak and Flood Sensor for GSM / S02 Alarm DIY Security Systems for Home and Business Protection
This is yet another wireless water detector designed by Fortress. One outstanding feature of this sensor is the ability to link to your Smartphone device. This means you can get notifications from anywhere, provided you are within a range of 200 feet away from the sensor. The sensor works with S02 and GSM alarm systems. It is easy to install and comes fully pre-programmed for added convenience.
1. Smarthome SELECT Water Leak Detection Alarm – 71631
Smathome SELECT is a brand that is hard to beat when it comes to water detectors. Its 71631 detection alarm takes the top spot. This is a small battery-powered device that can be placed virtually anywhere to detect leaks. The detector features a 9-volt battery that has the capacity to power it for years. Whenever any leak is detected, the alarm produces a 95 decibel sound alert that lasts for a period of 72 hours.